Tuesday, 31 July 2007

New Axe

Well, here is old the 'axe' . . . actually in the form of a trailer.



Rob picked it up for free as some guy at work had it in his backyard full of plant matter and no longer wanted it. We took it up to Bribie (might I add that I'm surprised it made it up there in one piece, without leaving anything in the path of other traffic sharing the road with us.)


Two weekends later, this is the almost complete result (all it needs is a paint job):

The reality behind this picture is that all that remains of the original trailer is the axle, the wheels (not the tyres) and the triangle bit at the front that hangs on to the car. EVERYTHING else had to be replaced.

And not only was it previously a 6x4 foot trailer, it is now a slightly-under-7-foot x 4-and-a-bit-foot. It fits the motorbike on the back of it though!!

I was impressed none the less. It was a learning curve for me coz I had never seen Rob take on a project like this. But he passed. Not only was it 'complete' in a suitable amount of time but it also came suitably under budget. Under budget that was if we were planning on buying a brand new trailer in the next 10 years!


No comments: